Friday, October 4, 2013

{Meme} Book Blogger Hop: Halloween Edition


Welcome to the first question of the Book Blogger Hop: Halloween Edition, hosted by Billy from Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer!


This week's question:

What book gave you goosebumps?


Mandy's Response:

There have been a few books that have given me goosebumps. One of those is Pet Sematary by Stephen King. Just the idea that you can bury a dead animal (and human) and have them come back to life is an interesting idea. To have them come back as an evil version of themselves is an idea worthy of goosebumps. I adored it.


Kathy's Response:

Stephen King's It. I read it when I was about 13-14 years old and it was the most horrifying thing I had ever read. It has fostered a lifelong fear of clowns.


4 comments:

  1. Pet Sematary is great book and so is the movie.

    I do own a copy of It, but I have never read it. When I was a kid, I saw part one of the mini-series and the clown scared me so much that I have never attempted to read the book, though I did eventually watch the entire mini-series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be honest ... the mini-series sucked compared to the book. I hated the mini-series. I did hear, though, that they're planning to remake IT as a 2-part movie: the first while the friends are kids and the second when the friends are adults. I hope the rumors are true. I'd love to see a remake of the movie, especially with all of the technology we have today.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the wrong link.

    Stephen King seems to be stealing the show.

    I can't read him, though.

    Have a great day!!

    Happy Hopping!!
    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete

If you are using wordpress.com, you can simply drop the html below in a widget in the footer or at the bottom of the sidebar.
Quantcast