Friday, June 28, 2013

{Meme} Book Blogger Hop


Time for another weekly edition of the Book Blogger Hop hosted by Billy from Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer.


This week's question:

Would you read a book just because of the hype?


Kathy's Response:

Sometimes hype is how I hear about some of the best books I've read. I heard about Hunger Games because of the hype. I heard about Gone Girl because of the hype. And I'm glad I read those books!


Mandy's Response:

I don't like giving in to the hype. So, usually, I'll wait until all (or most) of the hype has died down before I'll read a book. For example, when Harry Potter exploded onto the scene, I got so tired of hearing all the hype I didn't touch the book for two to three years. I was ecstatic when I finally did.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I waited too with Harry Potter. I did not want to find myself caught up with all of the hype. Fortunately, the Harry Potter series is amazing and I fully understand the obsession over these books.

    My post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Answers! Check out my blog here. ashleynemer.blogspot.com New GFC Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with both of your answers! I didn't use to pay much attention to hype, until a fateful midnight release party at a Barnes & Noble... Now I definitely pay attention! I, too, have discovered and read some GREAT books that I might not have read, had I not been paying attention to the hype.

    Happy Reading!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mandy, oh the Harry Potter explosion but it's amazing how BIG the hype was and for good reason! The age gap of the people that read the Harry Potter series was absolutely amazing LOL

    My Friday Meme

    ReplyDelete

If you are using wordpress.com, you can simply drop the html below in a widget in the footer or at the bottom of the sidebar.
Quantcast