Monday, January 2, 2012

Book Blogger Confessions: Week 1


This is a brand new meme co-hosted by Tiger at Welcome To: All Consuming Books and Karen at For What It's Worth Reviews. They began this meme so book bloggers can open up and vent about their book blogging experiences.


This week's question:

"How has the job of book blogging changed your reading habits (both pro and con)?"


Mandy's Answer:

Pros: Book blogging has opened me up to try books, especially self-published, that I never would have heard of or tried if I had not been a book blogger. I've also got to meet a lot of nice people through book blogging. It has been a wonderful experience.

Cons: Most of my reviews have been for authors or publishers and not off my TBR pile. I originally started book reviewing so I could read the Top 100 Banned/Challenged Books: 2000-2009 and the 1000 Books To Read Before You Die. Unfortunately, I've not been able to read much off of either list this past year.  Thus my reason for taking a sabbatical from accepting review requests. I am reading for myself this year.


A note to authors/publishers still seeking reviews - There are three other reviewers on this blog that would be happy to accommodate your review needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using wordpress.com, you can simply drop the html below in a widget in the footer or at the bottom of the sidebar.
Quantcast