Sunday, October 24, 2010

In My Mailbox (#3)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi, The Story Siren.  This meme was began so we could all share what books we received the previous week ... whether it was in the mail, from the library or what we bought at a store.

Unfortunately, I had a very slow week this past week.  I only received one book through the Book Sneeze website for review:


Outlive Your Life: You Were Made to Make A DifferenceOutlive Your Life: You Were Made to Make A Difference by Max Lucado:  Remember when you thought you could change the world?  You still can!

These are difficult days in our world's history. 1.75 billion people are desperately poor, natural disasters are gouging entire nations, and economic uncertainty still reigns across the globe. But you and I have been given an opportunity to make a big difference.

What if we did? What if we rocked the world with hope? Infiltrated all corners with God's love and life? We are created by a great God to do great works. He invites us to outlive our lives, not just in heaven, but here on earth.

It’s not enough to do well. We want to do good. We want our lives to matter. So, let's live our lives in such a way that the world will be glad we did. (Taken from Max Lucado's website.  Click here to visit site and read the first chapter.)

1 comment:

  1. Hey a book is a book! I fell in love with author when he released this book ... ugh what was in called... it was the one with the dots and stars and the character Punchinello?? Ugh this is going to haunt me. Anyway it was a really good book :)

    Glad to see I'm not alone in my fear of running out of books. My hubby laughs at me too :)

    ReplyDelete

If you are using wordpress.com, you can simply drop the html below in a widget in the footer or at the bottom of the sidebar.
Quantcast